If you’re after a super fun place to stay with the family, look no further than the new Sandstone Point BIG4 Holiday Resort. Less than an hour’s drive from Brisbane CBD, this AMAZING holiday resort has been open for just over a month. It is fresh, new, thoughtfully set out and beautifully fitted out.
We were fortunate to spend some down time there last weekend as a family in our camper trailer. It is set on the shores of the beautiful Pumicestone Passage and has everything you need and more.
There are powered and un-powered camping sites available as well as beautiful Villas and the piece de resistance, Luxury Safari Tents. It caters to every type of getaway.
As a family friendly resort it ticks all the boxes. It boasts a fantastic water park, swimming pool, wading pool, jumping pillow, playground, gym, tennis court, cafe, playroom, life sized chess board, bocce court, free wi-fi and the list goes on.
Things we loved:
- we loved that each camp site had a pad of artificial turf to step on to rather than your traditional concrete slab;
- we loved the water park and water slides;
- we loved that the pool area had so many inviting lounging options;
- we loved that you could get a cold beverage or coffee and sit by the pool and relax as you supervised the kids;
- we loved that we could stroll to the award-winning Sandstone Point Hotel for dinner on the Saturday night;
- we loved that there were go-karts that the kids could hire and cruise around the park;
- we loved that you’re only a stone’s throw away from Bribie Island;
- we loved that it is so close to Brisbane. With a son who plays Saturday morning sport every term….easy to get to, low maintenance camping get-aways is what we’re seeking;
- we loved that it is set amongst gorgeous natural surrounds;
- we loved the well stocked kiosk at main reception for things we forgot to pack (tea-bags!) and the odd sweet treat; and
- we loved the camp kitchen with so much space to cook and eat as a family or group.
Things to note:
- One car per site. There is additional free parking available at the front of the resort.
- You must wear a wrist band to access the pool area to ensure only paying guests are using the facilities.
- No pets allowed.
- No loud parties.
- No camp fires. However there are 2 communal fire pits that guests can use.
In summary, this is a wonderful addition to the already beautiful Moreton Bay Region. We loved it. The kids were thanking me for booking it and we’ll definitely be back.
You can check out all the details for Sandstone Point Holiday Resort here.